Hi Pals! It’s been a while, but it’s summer now and free time is running wild over here. Just recently, on opening night, I went to go see Alice Through the Looking Glass. First off, let. me. tell. you. IT WAS AMAZING. I’m talking special effects done better than great, actors and actresses really giving it their all; I could go on for days about it. The bottom line is: Tim Burton and his crew are geniuses. Anyway, getting to the point, Urban Decay Cosmetics collaborated with Disney and released a new palette and a huge line of lipsticks especially for the movie release. And guess who could not be more excited? (It’s me) So naturally, being a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, caved and paid waaayyy too much money for the 20 eyeshadow palette and it was worth every single penny. This is why I’m writing this…to tell you like 4 people how great these colors are and also how terrible I am at makeup, but that’s beside the point. Without further ado, I present to you: Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Would ya look at that? Feast your eyes on just the mere packaging of this wonder. I really am trying to contain my hype over this palette because you guys have yet to see the best part (although to be fair, it’s all the best part)
Just LOOK at these COLORS!!! Each column fits with a different character (from left to right): Alice, Mad Hatter, Mirana (White Queen), Iracebeth (Queen of Hearts), and Time. Each one has cute little names to go along with the colors, the person, and the story. There are so many glittery shades and so many bright, vibrant shades that there is a color for everyone and for every look from colorful, smokey, or natural.
I just wanted to share with everyone my makeup look that I created today with a bunch of the bright colors from the collection and also a few other products that I’ll mention. I hope you’re as excited as I am….
THIS IS IT! It is very bright and has tons of colors in it, so I would recommend it for special wears like to a parade or concert or festival obviously, and not just for your average day out shopping. But aside from the impracticality, I really just did it like this to show the huge range of colors spanning across the rainbow (of course, I had to add colored brows, glitter, and soon to be seen colored lips, too).
1. I first highlighted the middle of my eye to give the appearance of a bigger and brighter eyelid using the shade “Royal Flush”
2. In my inner corner, I patted “Paradox” in and then faded it into the center highlight and lightly blended
3. Taking “Salazen Grum” on a flat brush, I lightly put it underneath my eye on the half closest to my nose
4. Then, on a fluffy brush, I blended “Cake” into my crease only on top of where I put “Paradox” in step 2
5. On the outer corner of my eye, I used Colourpop’s “Taco” (Blue) as my base before blending “Metamorphosis” on top of it
6. Next, I blended the blue out with a bright dark green, “Hatter” in the crease. I also put this green on a thin smudge brush and put it all along my lash line.
7. To finish off the bright colors, I used a thin angled brush to add some more shadow to the bottom lash line with “Cake” again.
8. The mess of colors above my crease was looking rough, so I used “Royal Flush” again to highlight my brow bone, pull together the colors, and soften any harsh lines and blend the shades together nicely.
Afterwards, I added NYX’s colored mascara in “Mint Julep” to my brows to give them a blue-green finish, and then put NYX’s body and face glitter in “Silver” above my brow to give it a glitter highlight. My lips were a light and intense purple, also from NYX, the Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in the color “Sway”.
THIS WAS THE FINAL LOOK!! Exciting, I know. These colors are fabulous and this palette legit completes me. While I’m not chill enough to wear the brows, lips, and eyes together out in public, it sure is fun to play around with.
So, that my friends, was Alice Through the Looking Glass. I hope you guys enjoyed that long ramble and half tutorial. See ya tomorrow! 🙂